Thursday, December 19, 2013

Aloha to Wendy Vella and CHRISTMAS WISHES

 19216290

On this day in 1946, IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE was first released in New York City.   This holiday favorite is a timeless story despite being 67 years old.  The movie is so treasured that fans are outraged by the suggestion of a remake.   In this case, the original is just perfect.

File:It's A Wonderful Life.jpg
Public Domain (link)

Wendy Vella offers a perfect novella as an enchanting escape from holiday hustle with CHRISTMAS WISHES, A Regency Novella:

Miss Hero Appleby distrusts noblemen, especially self-indulgent rakes like Lord Caruthers, however she was desperate for money to support the orphans in her care this Christmas, so it is to him she must go. Perhaps it had been wrong of her to point out his many faults so boldly, but the man drove her to distraction and all thoughts of lady-like behaviour disappeared in his infuriating presence.

Max didn't remember much of his first meeting with the annoying Miss Appleby, thanks to the after effects of one good drink too many. But he vaguely recalled he'd promised her something, just to get her out of his house so he could suffer in peace. Unfortunately peaceful was the last word to describe her as he found out the next day. She was unlike any woman he knew - opinionated and rude certainly, but she worked selflessly to provide for children that were not even of her blood. Max had believed himself incapable of emotion yet Hero was making him feel things that he had believed were long dead. Could his long forgotten Christmas wish really come true?



I posed my five star review of CHRISTMAS WISHES on Amazon (link) and Goodreads (link).  I am giving away an ecopy of CHRISTMAS WISHES to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  How do you escape holiday stress, other than reading?

2.  This giveaway is open to all readers.

3.  Comments are open through Saturday, December 21, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, December 22.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

To learn more about Wendy and her books, check out her website at wendyvella.com.

157991001798035818720722

14 comments:

  1. I like to play games - the computer will do when real people aren't available lol. I also went to dinner and the movies with my family tonight to see Christmas Vacation - the theater was packed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like watching Christmas movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy one for me....I go shopping! I love Wendy books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I run a lot. On my treadmill though... not outside where it's freezing outside...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to go shopping to relieve stress. Please don't enter me into the contest, as I don't read e-books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been making things simpler which makes the holidays more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do I escape holiday stress? Well, for starters I usually take a long soaking shower and shampoo. It's like starting over for me. :-) Next, I pour myself a glass of white wine, which I sip slowly so as to enjoy it for the longest time. THEN I get out a book to read! :-) Thanks for the post and for introducing Wendy to me--and for your 5-star rating! jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to lay back in my recliner, drink hot tea with honey, and listen to Christmas songs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Computer games and TV. Since I shipped my last Christmas package today my stress level dropped way down. LOL

    Marcy Shuler
    bmndshuler(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only other way besides reading that I deal with stress is hanging out on the computer reading about books. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sit down with my husband and watch Christmas romances.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Going on walks in the neighborhood at night to see all the pretty holiday decorations and spending time with my dog.

    ReplyDelete