Monday, September 2, 2013

Aloha to Amanda Scott and THE SECRET CLAN: The Complete Series

210911210912

1294904199992

On this day in 1954, the National Trust for Scotland (NTS) purchased Fair Isle, a remote island between Shetland and Orkney.  From its website (link),

Famous for birds, knitwear and historic shipwrecks, Fair Isle is a tiny jewel of an island lying half-way between Orkney and Shetland.
It’s one of Britain's most successful small communities, pioneering projects in wildlife tourism, windpower and sustainable management of the environment.

Just another place to visit in Scotland.   

Sigh.  Scotland.

File:Fair Isle - West cliffs.jpg
Image by Dave Wheeler
Creative Commons Attribution Share-alike license 2.0

Amanda Scott, the grand mistress of Scottish historicals, is celebrating the release of THE SECRET CLAN: The Complete Series:

The complete series-in one ebook collection!

Abducted Heiress: Molly Gordon was the wealthiest lass in Scotland-before she and her sister were spirited away and separated. On the misty island where she's held captive, Molly longs for a hero brave enough to rescue her.

Hidden Heiress: Elspeth can recall nothing of her past. Her lonely life of drudgery in Farnsworth Tower is interrupted when a mysterious man seeks refuge at the estate . . . and helps her uncover her true identity.

Highland Bride: On her way home to the Highlands, Barbara McRae is kidnapped. A masked swordsman known as the Black Fox comes to her rescue-and leaves her with a kiss that haunts her dreams . . .

Reiver's Bride: When reivers swoop down on Lady Anne Ellyson one moonlit night, she discovers that she knows their devilishly handsome leader as a man from her clan-a man who has been declared dead.




I am giving away a special lapel pin from the National Trust for Scotland - it is the Scottish flag crossed with the American flag. To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about Amanda Scott books - have you read any?

2.  This giveaway is open to all readers.

3.  Comments are open through Saturday, September 7, 10 pm in Hawaii.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, September 8.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

To learn more about Amanda and her books, check out her website at amandascottauthor.com.

17 comments:

  1. Love Amanda Scott How could I not She is an amazing writer.
    Scott Was my Mothers Maiden Name.
    Orkney Islands is My Dream Vacation I want to visit & rest my head on everyone.
    Have a good one Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've read a lot of Amanda's books, and have enjoyed every single one. Oh, that badge looks wonderful. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely a fan of Amanda Scott's books. I've read quite a few of them and loved them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, good to know because I have a couple in my tbr pile and going to move them on up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love Scottish historicals, but I'm not familiar with Amanda's books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not read her books, so I should get started doing so! Scotland is definitely on my bucket list of places I would like to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read some of her books. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have read some of her books! I enjoyed the ones that I read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have several of Amanda's books. I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, I'm sorry, I haven't read any of Amanda Scott's books~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, thank you for introing me to another author of Scotland romances!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't believe I have read any of these. Sounds like a beautiful country! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think I have read any of her books but I have read so many books that I can't remember all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a huge fan of Amanda's books and she is one of my favorite author when it comes to Scottish romances

    ReplyDelete